Cough accompanied by runny nose, sneezing, sore throat, watery eyes etc.
Mode of drug action:
Ammonium chloride Ammonium chloride present in syrup Grilinctus acts as an expectorant. It helps to cough out the mucus from the lungs and helps in relieving the symptoms of cough. Sodium citrate Sodium citrate belongs to a class of drugs called urinary alkalinizers. It neutralizes the excess production of acid from the urine and blood. Diphenhydramine Diphenhydramine is an antihistamine and it belongs to a class of drugs known as H1 receptor antagonists. It works by blocking the action of histamine, which results in reducing the symptoms of watery eyes, running nose etc.
What are the common side effects?
Ammonium chloride The common side effects of ammonium chloride include facial swelling, shortness of breath, difficulty in swallowing, allergic reaction, sickness, nausea, stomach pain, and throat disorder. Sodium citrate The common side effects of sodium citrate are diarrhea, gastrointestinal ulceration, shortness of breath, anxiety, mood swings, fatigue, and metabolic alkalosis. Diphenhydramine common side effects of diphenhydramine are nausea, vomiting, blurred vision, dizziness, dry mouth, thickened respiratory tract secretions, nightmare and difficulty in urination.
Special precautions for safe use:
• Avoid using Benadryl cough medicine, if allergic to Uniril medicine or any of the ingredients in it.
• Avoid drinking alcohol when using Benadryl cough medicine.
• If dizziness is experienced after using Benadryl cough medicine, do not drive or operate heavy machinery.
• Avoid using Benadryl cough medicine in patients suffering from inflammatory bowel disease, diabetes, heart and kidney diseases, and Addison's disease.
• Benadryl cough medicine is recommended after meals.
• Take medical consultation before using Benadryl cough medicine during pregnancy and breast feeding.
• Avoid using Benadryl cough medicine in children below 3 years of age.
• Use Benadryl cough medicine only under medical prescription.
Not to be used for children below 2 years of age without medical advice
Dose to be taken every 4 hours. Not to exceed 12 teaspoonfuls in 24 hours.
Consult physician in case coughing persists for more than 4 days or if you have any medical condition or pregnancy or are breast feeding or taking other medication.
About the Brand:
Benadryl has been providing remedies for cough to families across India. It has been trusted by doctors for over 50 years, making it a household name. Benadryl has a range of cough syrups to treat different types of coughs.
Name and Address of Manufacturer: Johnson & Johnson Private Limited., 501 Arena Space Behind Majas Bus Depot Off Jogeshwari Vikhroli Link Road Jogeshwari (E) Mumbai 400 060
Country of Origin: United States
For Queries/ Feedback/Complaints, Contact our customer care Executive at: Phone:1860-1234-1234, Emailfirstname.lastname@example.org