Green tea is more than just hot, flavoured water. It is one of the healthiest beverages on the planet, loaded with antioxidants and various substances that are beneficial for health.
What does green teacontainthat helps lose fat?
Acup of quality tea, can actually provide a large amount of beneficial substances
- It is loaded with polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins which function as powerful antioxidants
- It contains bioactive substances like caffeine and EGCG(Epigallocatechin gallate)
- EGCG is an antioxidant which can boost metabolism.
- It contains a small amount of caffeine, awell-known stimulant that has been shown to aid fat burning and improve exercise performance
How can green tea help break down fats?
The above mentioned substances in green tea increase the level of hormones that tell fat cells to break down fat. This releases fat into the bloodstream and becomes available for use as energy by cells that need it, like muscle cells.
Can green tea increase fat burning during exercise?
Green tea extract can boost the burning of fat, both during exercise and during rest.This effect is stronger when exercising and may lead to reduced body fat in the long term.
Drinking green tea is one of the easiest ways to rev up your metabolism.
This is probably due to the high concentrations of catechin polyphenols that work to help intensify levels of fat oxidation and thermogenesis (the rate at which your body burns calories).
A study reported in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that green tea-extract increases metabolism by 4% over a 24 hour period.
There is also some evidence that the metabolism boosting effect persists for a long time.
Can green tea help reduce your appetite?
Yes! Green tea could help with weight lossby reducing appetite. It does so by prolonging the effects of catecholamine in the body, which are chemicals that cause a decrease in the desire for food. As a result green tea is believed to work as a natural appetite suppressant.
Can green tea help lose your belly fat?
- We have subcutaneous fat that is present under the skin and visceral fat, which is the belly fat.
- It is the deep visceral fat that is harmful and linked to serious diseases, including type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
- Several studies on green tea show that although weight loss effects are modest, a significant percentage of the fat lost is the harmful visceral fat.
- This reduces the risk of many serious diseases and may lead to a longer and healthier life.
Even though green tea helps to reduce weight it may work even better when combined with an effective weight loss program.
What is your favourite healthy beverage that you swear by for weight loss? Do drop in your thoughts below.