Kidneys are the natural cleaners of our body. In today’s sedentary lifestyle it’s quite difficult to maintain a healthy functioning of the kidneys and thus it is completely necessary to take distinctive measures to protect it. Medications are not the only way you can manage or prevent kidney problems. You also need to keep a check on what you eat and the lifestyle you lead.
Pineapple makes for a sweet, low-potassium food option for those with kidney problems. It can be used in both sweet and savoury salad by mixing vegetables and fruits together.
Pineapple is beneficial for kidney because it contains:
- Bromelain: A digestive enzyme present in pineapples that help dissolve kidney stones in the body.
- Fiber: Fiber content in pineapple supports improved heart health as most dialysis patients suffer from heart complications.
- Vitamin C: Helps boost immunity of patients with chronic kidney disease and dialysis.
- Potassium: Low potassium consumption from pineapple helps lower blood pressure level, a common complication in chronic kidney disease patients.
Apple is rich in fiber and anti-inflammatory compound that definitely keeps the kidney doctor away. It is so versatile that you can eat it raw, bake it, stew it, juice it or simply make it into a sauce.
Apples are beneficial for kidney because it contains:
- Fiber: High amount of fiber present in apple supports improved heart health as most dialysis patients suffer from heart complications.
- Anti-inflammatory compound: Apples are well known to reduce cholesterol and prevent constipation in chronic kidney disease patients.
- Potassium: Lower amount of potassium in apples helps maintain a balanced diet which is essential for dialysis patients.
Strawberry is an excellent source of vitamin C and fiber. It is known to provide kidney protection, and as well carries anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory components. You can snack on strawberry as smoothie, with cereal, or salad. It can also be eaten fresh.
Strawberry is beneficial for kidney because it contains:
- Anti-oxidants: These help regenerate the supply of oxygen in the body as oxidative stress is common in chronic kidney disease patients.
- Potassium: It is beneficial for people suffering from chronic kidney disease as it helps dissolve kidney stones in the body.
- Detoxifies kidney: Enzymes present in strawberries help detoxify kidney making it easier for kidney stones to pass out of the body.