Our bodies are meant to run, jump, walk, move and dance! This is possible because of muscles and keeping them in good shape should be top on our priority list. Heart is one of the strongest muscles in the body and conditioning it regularly is critical for a wholesome cardiovascular health. Cardio workouts are exercises that raises our heart rates and this in turn aids in more capillaries supplying more oxygen throughout the body.
In today’s fast paced and dynamic life, it can be hard to hit the gym, given extra hours at work and tight deadlines. Here are 6 cardio workouts you can do at home.
- Stand upright with your legs together
- Bend your knees slightly
- As you jump, open out your legs to shoulder level and open out your arms and push them above your head
- Jump back to the initial position
- Stand upright and spread your feet hip-width apart
- Bend your knees and move your hips back, slowly go into full squat position
- Place your palms on the floor, in front of your feet and shift your body pressure to your hands
- Spring your feet back to slowly land on the toes your feet in a plank position.
- Do a push-up.
- Spring your feet back up to your hands and shift your weight onto your feet
- Get up while keeping your arms over your head and then jump up
- Come back to the starting position gently
- Get the right type of shoes so that it does not put pressure on your knees
- Do some warm up stretches
- Stand straight and do not clench your shoulders
- Start jogging in one spot slowly at first
- Pick up your pace and make sure the heel of your foot touches the hindquarters
- Place your hands and legs on the floor and get into a plank position
- Engage your core and hold a tight grip
- Get your right knee towards the chest while keeping the left leg in same position
- Now, alternate between both legs slowly
- Increase your pace till it feels like you are running on a mountain
- Choose a style of dance you wanna learn
- Do some warm up exercises before you dance
- Pick your favorite upbeat music
- Use social media or TV shows for dance routines you can follow
- Move your hands and legs according to the beat of the song
- Practice, practice, practice!