Sex is a taboo word used in a country like India. What we all need to understand is that sex is an intrinsic part of our very survival and evolution as a species. Apart from being used for reproductive reasons, it offers various health benefits for both the body and mind.
Why do you need sexual intercourse? Is daily sex good for you? Is masturbation during sex good for you? What are the health benefits of sex? Well, these are some questions that this article will give you insight.
- What Does Sex Do To Your Body?
- Health Benefits of Sex For Gender
- Mental Health Benefits of Sex
- Health Benefits of Masturbation During Sex
- How To Boost Your Sex Life?
- Is Daily Sex Good or Bad?
- Safety Precautions Before Sex
- Foods To Eat For Better Sex
What Does Sex Do To Your Body?
Aside from reproduction, sex offers intimacy and pleasure that benefit your health in the following ways:
- Reduces stress levels
- Good for heart health
- Balances your emotions
- Boosts social life
- Aids in glowing skin
- Reduces blood pressure
- Burns calories
- Improves sleep
- Boosts immunity
- Reduces migraine pain
Sex is more than avoiding unwanted pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). It is an integral part of our lives that help build a bond between you and your partner. Remember, healthy sex life can avoid misunderstandings between you and your partner.
Health Benefits of Sex For Gender
Human sexual activity affects the way a man thinks from that of a woman. For instance, a man would feel the urge to indulge in sexual intercourse and thus masturbates while a woman gets an orgasm to relieve her sex urge. However, here’s how sex can impact the lives of men and women.
|Reduces risks of pelvic cancer||Improves fertility|
|Reduces risks of prostate cancer||Relieves period pain|
|Sex makes men live longer||Improves bladder control|
|Regulates blood sugar levels||Lowers blood sugar|
|Relieves stress||Good sleep|
|Boosts libido||Increases libido|
|Makes you look younger||Makes skin glow|
Mental Health Benefits of Sex
The importance of sex is vital for the very development of the human species both mentally as well as physically. It improves your confidence with your partner. Sex is similar to exercising to reduce stress and anxiety and here is how it can benefit mental health.
- Improves satisfaction
- Increases level of trust in relationships
- Boosts self-confidence
- Easily express emotions
- Improves memory
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Boosts social behaviour
What you need to take out of the following points is the fact that sex is the best way to boost self-confidence and improves your social skills. Regular sex helps your body release estrogen which is a substance that makes you look young and confidant.
Sex increase the way you socialise with your partner and this is because of oxytocin that is released by the body. The key purpose of this substance is to increase social bonds and develop a mutual understanding between you and your partner.
Health Benefits of Masturbation During Sex
Masturbation and sex are equally good for your physical as well as mental health. Let’s split these two topics to understand its advantages and disadvantages. Masturbation is the ability to achieve an orgasm to satisfy a sexual urge. Sex is the ultimate form of masturbation where two partners indulge in intercourse. Here are some benefits of masturbation during sex and how it can help boost libido.
Advantages of Masturbation During Sex
- Increases sex urge between partners
- Help understand your body
- Boost self-confidence
- Used to treat sexual dysfunction
- Increases sexual satisfaction between partners
- Relieves stress
- Helps you stay relaxed
- Women have orgasms that relieve period pain
- Helps you sleep well
Disadvantages of Masturbation During Sex
Masturbation can turn out to be an addiction if pornography is associated with it. Masturbation during sex can cause the following:
- Risks of unwanted pregnancy
- Risks of contracting sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
NOTE: Make sure you use a condom if you intend to masturbate during sex. This will avoid complications and help you build a positive bond between you and your partner.
- 5 Best Herbal Supplements to Boost Your Sexual Health
- 8 Best Tips and Tricks to Improve Sexual Health
How To Boost Your Sex Life?
A healthy sex life can benefit a long-lasting relationship with your partner. The more we get used to someone, the less interested we get on sex. Here’s what you need to do to have a healthy sex life.
- Regular exercise: This improves stamina and lifts your mood.
- Do not stress out: Every time you are at stress consider having sex as it helps you relax.
- Fix a sex date on your calendar every week
- Watch an erotic movie with your partner
- Talk to your partner about your deepest sexual fantasies
- Let your partner know what fantasies lye inside you
- Invest time to understand your partner’s wildest fantasies.
Is Daily Sex Good or Bad?
It is absolutely normal to have sex every day, in fact, it is healthy as it helps in good heart and brain health.
Advantages of Daily Sex
- Reduces risks of heart attacks or strokes
- Boosts immunity
- Induces sleep
- increases blood circulation
- Makes skin glow
- Makes you look younger
- Reduces stress
- Builds trust between you and your partner
- Relieves body pain
- Improves self-confidence
Disadvantages of Daily Sex
- Can contract sexually transmitted infections (STIs)- Use a condom
- Muscle strain
- Risk of unwanted pregnancy without using precautions
- Could develop urinary tract infection
Safety Precautions Before Sex
Daily sex is absolutely normal and there’s nothing called as excess sex. All that matters is that you and your partner are happy and share a healthy bond. Here are some precautions that you need to keep in mind before having sex.
- Use a condom (both male and female condom)
- Do not insert the penis without a condom. Pre-ejaculation can result in an unwanted pregnancy.
- Do not reuse a condom.
- Make sure you have applied the condom correctly.
- Do not use a broken condom
- Do not exchange semen and vaginal fluids into anus, vagina or mouth.
- Do not drink and have sex as it could make you lose control that could lead to pre-ejaculation.
Foods To Eat For Better Sex
A health sex diet can play a vital role in increasing sperm count and boost your sex urge. Here are some foods that boost sexual stamina and increase erection among both men and women.
Foods For Sex Stamina
A healthy sex life requires enough stamina and time spent on sexual intercourse. Here are some foods that boost sex stamina.
- Fresh cut fruits
- Whole grains (Brown rice, oatmeal, barley)
- Use olive oil and sunflower oil to cook.
- Avocado (Butter fruit)
Foods To Boost Erection
The faster you have an erection, the better your sex life can get. Here are some foods that boost erection.
Sex offers numerous health benefits from lowering blood sugar to good sleep. Daily sex is absolutely fine as it improves the emotional bond between you your partner. Here are some frequently asked questions that will offer some insight into this topic.
1. How much sex does a man need?
The average man would engage in sexual intercourse for a minimum 54 times a year i.e. once every week. This can also depend on your stamina and urge for more if you intend to. It is absolutely normal to exceed more than 2 times a week as it builds better relationships.
2. Why do Indian men drink milk on their wedding night?
Having a glass of milk has nothing to do with increasing sperm count or sex drive. Well, the traditional understanding lies in the fact that Indian weddings are tiring for the couple and a glass of milk contains sleep-inducing amino acids that acts as a relaxant and aids in better sleep.
3. What are the health benefits of kissing?
Here how kissing can benefit your sex life.
- Kissing reduces stress
- Reduces cholesterol levels
- boosts immunity
- Releases sex hormones
4. How to increase sperm count?
Healthy sperm count makes a man better fertile and here are some foods that increase sperm count.
- Drink plenty of water
- Salmon & sardine (Seafood)
- Leafy vegetables (Cabbage, spinach and kale)
- Dark chocolate
- Pomegranate juice
5. When is the best time to have sex?
You can have sex anytime, but having sexual intercourse is said to be the best during ovulation which happens 14 days after your 1 period took place. This is also considered to be the best time to get pregnant as your partner’s sex urge will be extremely high and this induces extra pleasure time.
Sex is an integral part of our evolution and lives as a species as it offers health benfits for your heart and brain. There is nothing called as excessive sex. All that matters is you and partners’ happiness that plays a vital role in building a strong bond. Live healthy, Stay Indoors!