Are you skinny? Do you wish to gain some weight? Do you feel gaining weight is as simple as loading yourself with some high-calorie food? Not really, as this may backfire on your health, affecting your kidney, liver or heart.
If you really wish to add some weight on those skinny bones, you might as well do it the healthy way. And one such healthy and effective way is practicing yoga.
Yoga is a spiritual art way beyond stretching and relaxing.It helps in toning and strengthening your body muscles. It helps you gain weight by balancing your hormones, improving your digestion, increasing your appetite and boosting your stamina.
- Here are few of the yoga asanas that can help you gain weight.
- YOGA TO BOOST YOUR STAMINA
- Navasana(Boat pose)
Here are few of the yoga asanas that can help you gain weight.
But before you begin with any of the following, do consult your doctor and assess your ideal weight gain for your height.
Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose):
- This position strengthens the back and tones the abdominals, especially the digestive organs.
- Most importantly for weight gain, it stimulates appetite and relieves flatulence and constipation.
Sarvangasana (Shoulder Stand Pose):
This asana is ideal for the healthy functioning of the thyroid gland as the shoulder stand improves the functioning of the thyroid gland, thus ensuring better metabolic rates. This, in turn, may aid in weight gain.
Vajrasana (Diamond Pose):
Also known as the thunderbolt pose, plays a major role in improving digestion. Thus, it may ensure better absorption of nutrients and may help promote weight gain.
Pavanamuktasana (Wind-Relieving Pose):
This is an asana normally advised for alleviating assorted gastric problems, including indigestion and constipation. This may improve digestion and in turn, improve the nutrient absorption.
Matsyasana (Fish Pose):
- This pose can improve digestion, increase appetite and assist in nutrient absorption.
- When practiced with other abdomen toning poses, it also helps to spread gained weight evenly around the body, rather than accumulating on the belly.
Savasana (Corpse Pose):
- This is a pose where the body and mind have the optimal ability to harmonize and is a way to balance internal systems without physical activity.
- The pose helps increase stamina through focused and deep breathing, and by tuning into the body.
YOGA TO BOOST YOUR STAMINA
We all have a hectic life and hence it is very important to have lots and lots of stamina not only to do well in our professional life but also to balance our life after work.
Here are few amazing Yoga poses that help you gain strength and stamina
This is an effective pose to start off with. It is a basic move that helps you get a stronger core. It is also known as the boat pose.
UpavisthaKonasana(Sitting Wide Legged Straddle Pose):
- This pose increases the blood flow in your body and lets it reach the groin area.
- Encourages good functioning of the abdominal organs.
- Provides adequate strength to the spine.
- Soothes the mind and eliminates stress.
When you do this pose consistently, you will see marked difference in your stamina level.
Balasana (Child’s Pose):
Child’s Pose is known for relaxing your mind, body and senses. It is one of the best ways to eliminate stress from your body and improve your performance at work.
UtkataKonasana (Goddess Pose):
The Goddess Pose not only gives you more strength and stamina but also may help cease pain during menstruation. This pose is quite popular among pregnant women and is a favorite among yoga lovers.
Setu Bandha Sarvangasana (Bridge Pose):
- Tones your pelvic muscles and makes you stronger and fitter.
- Calms the brain and helps alleviate stress, anxiety, fatigue, headache, and backache
- Stimulates healthy functioning of the abdominal organs, lungs, and thyroid
- Rejuvenates tired legs
- Improves digestion
- Surya Namaskar postures are energizing, meditative and relaxing.
- Increases flexibility and improves blood circulation.
- Encourages healthy functioning of vital internal organs
- Benefits our skeletal and digestive system, while balancing the body’s tri-doshas – Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
Through regular and dedicated practice of yoga, along with a nutritious diet, you can transform yourself from being underweight to a health person with higher energy level.
It is advisable to do your yoga practice under the guidance of a certified yoga teacher.
Are you looking for a certified yoga teacher? Just log on to Medlife.com and you can choose your Yoga guide.
What do you feel about,”yoga helping you gain weight”? What are the methods that you have tried to gain weight? Do drop in your comments and suggestions below.