One of the biggest challenges of losing weight is maintaining the discipline required to push through your diet regimen. Often, most diets leave us unsatisfied, and constantly thinking of all the food we can’t eat anymore. But, you don’t have to feel this way. There are certain diet plans that you can use that will ensure your stomach stays full while you lose weight fast! While chalking out your diet plan, keep the following in mind:
Say Goodbye to Sugars and Carbs!
When you lower your sugar and carbs intake, your appetite reduces naturally. As a result, you consume fewer calories, which helps with significant weight loss. In fact, many people report losing close to 4.5-5 kgs within the first week itself. Cutting out carbs from your diet can also boost your insulin levels. It also reduces bloating as it encourages the kidneys to flush out excess sodium and water through urine.
The following are foods that have high carbohydrate content:
- Breads – though breads are a staple in Indian cuisine, you must cut down on them to lose weight
- Certain fruits like bananas, pears, mangoes, raisins, and dates
- Vegetables with high starch content such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, and beets
- Sweetened yoghurt
- Fat-free salad dressings
- Certain beans and legumes like kidney beans, lentils, chickpeas, peas, and pinto beans
- Chips and junk food
Eat More Protein, Fat, and Veggies!
Plan your meals in a way that ensures you have some protein and fat, along with veggies that have low-carbs. The reason behind including fat in your meals is that it trains your body to burn fat for fuel. This way, your body starts using the stored fat as well, making you lose weight.
The following foods are great sources of protein:
- Chicken, pork, and lamb.
- Salmon, shrimp, and trout.
- Whole eggs.
To add healthy fats to your diet, you should cook your meals in avocado oil, olive oil or coconut oil. Ensure your meal has butter in it too. Similarly, you must include low-carb veggies in your meal such as:
- Swiss chard
Lift Weights to Lift Up Your Metabolism!
By going to the gym only thrice a week, you can ensure that your metabolic rate stays high and you continue to lose weight without losing momentum. Weights can help you burn high amounts of calories. It can also help you build up some muscles. In case you cannot lose weight due to a bad back or any other reason, you may indulge in cardio workouts. These include walking, jogging, running, swimming or cycling.
Should You Include A ‘Cheat Day?’
Yes, absolutely! A single cheat day in a week can help you boost certain hormones that burn fats, such as leptin and thyroid hormones. Moreover, cheat days give you an opportunity to indulge in the foods you miss, ensuring that you don’t give up on your diet plan.
It is essential to keep in mind that you must have healthy carbs on the cheat day. Potatoes, sweet potatoes, oats, quinoa, and rice are a few examples of healthy carbs. But remember, if you have more than a single cheat day in a week, this diet plan will not help you.
Additionally, it is important to keep in mind that you may feel as though you have gained weight during the cheat day. But, this is basically water weight and you will lose it again in a day or two.
I Am a Foodie, But I Want to Lose Weight Fast!
If you dream of food all day long, you’re not alone! But, your passion for pleasing your taste buds may make it harder to stick to your diet. If that is the case, you can use the following tips to make your weight loss plan more palatable!
- Eat high protein breakfasts that keep you full. This can mean eating scrambled eggs with veggies, omelettes with cheese and spinach, a delicious shake or stir fried tofu. Want meat for breakfast? Have bacon!
- Weigh yourself daily to keep the motivation up. But, don’t get discouraged if your weight seems to be stagnating. Weight loss can take some time. Do not pressure yourself to lose weight fast.
- Drink a glass of water 30 minutes before each meal. This will help you feel fuller. It can also help you lose at least 44% of your weight over a course of three months.
- Drink tea or coffee to boost your metabolic rate by 3-11%. This can help your body lose some weight naturally.
- Sleep well. Did you know that poor sleeping habits are the biggest risk factors for weight gain? Get at least 8 hours of sleep every night.
Additionally, you should note that large helpings of flavour in your meal come from fats, not carbs. So you will not be compromising on what you love – eating delicious food!
Also Read: Top 10 Myths about Weight Loss
Why Should You Lose Weight?
Body positivity is essential to build confidence, however, losing weight is not always about fat-shaming. By losing weight, you can improve your health and cut down the risks of developing diabetes, cardiovascular disease, certain cancers, and more. By following a low-carb diet, as explained above, you stand to gain the following:
- You can reduce your blood sugar levels significantly.
- You can reduce your triglyceride levels.
- Your bad cholesterol (LDL) goes down.
- Your good cholesterol (HDL) increases.
- Your overall blood pressure improves.
If you want to lose weight fast, following a low-carbs diet can help you the most. Ensure you speak to a nutritionist or a dietician at your local gym to craft a diet plan that suits your needs. A little bit of exercise every week will also help you reach your weight goals faster!
With this New Year, bring discipline and smart meal prepping in your life to lose weight fast!