QwikCilver Solutions Private Limited (“Qwikcilver”) is authorized by the Reserve Bank of India to issue semi closed loop co-branded gift cards in India. In this regard, Medlife International Private Limited (“Medlife”) and Qwikcilver had entered into a co-branding arrangement to issue Co-branded Semi closed loop Gift cards of Medlife (“Gift cards”). The Gift Cards could be used at contracted merchants who have agreed to accept the same against purchase of goods and services available on Medlife platform.
Recently, Medlife has transferred its business to Axelia Solutions Private Limited (“Axelia”), which operates a similar online platform called “Pharmeasy”. Post such business transfer, both Medlife and Pharmeasy platforms are run, operated and maintained by Axelia. Further, from <<date>> the Medlife platform will be discontinued and be subsumed under Pharmeasy platform.
To this the required contractual agreements between Qwikcilver and Medlife are novated to Axelia. As a result, the Gift Cards can be redeemed on Pharmeasy platform against a broader merchant base, i.e. erstwhile merchants of Medlife platform as well as additional merchants of Pharmeasy platform.
Gift Card holders having unredeemed balance in their Gift Cards, may follow the below mechanisms to redeem the same on Pharmeasy platform. All other terms and conditions with respect to the Gift Cards will remain same.
Adding Gift Cards to Pharmeasy user account for redemption
- Gift Card redemption can be done only as per the process provided below herein and no other manner of redemption is available for the Gift Cards
- All Gift Card must be registered before redemption
- To register, the Gift Card, the holder needs to send a message from their registered mobile number to: GCACT<space>16 DigitCardNumber<space>6 DigitPin<space>Firstname<space>Lastname to 9160012146
- On successful registration and verification of the Gift Card, the unredeemed balance will be added by Pharmeasy to the Pharmeasy user account linked to such verified registered mobile number within 72 hours from the time of registration. It is to note that the Gift Card holder will not be able to change the registered mobile number
- In case the Gift Card holder wish to onward gift the Gift Card, they can enable gifting only before the above registration process. Once the Gift Card is registered using the above process, unused Gift Card balances may not be transferred to another users account
Upon adding the Gift Cards to Pharmeasy user account for use
- Once the Pharmeasy platform is credited with the balance, an email/ SMS will be sent to the holder communicating the same
- The user can add products and services available on Pharmeasy platform to the shopping cart and complete the payment by choosing “Pharmeasy Wallet” payment option to utilise the unredeemed Gift Card balance
- If the order value on Pharmeasy platform exceeds the unredeemed balance in your Gift Card, the balance must be paid by Credit Card / Debit Card / Internet Banking / UPI which are linked to an Indian Bank Account
Frequently asked questions
1. Will there be any impact to my balance or validity once the amount is loaded by Pharmeasy on to my Pharmeasy account?
The card balance and the validity remain unchanged. The original balance and validity on Medlife Gift card will be applicable on card registered on Pharmeasy user’s account.
2. Are there any restrictions on usage on Pharmeasy?
The user can use the unredeemed balance in their Gift Cards (added to Pharmeasy account) to purchase goods and services listed on Pharmeasy platform without any restrictions, even in multiple transactions, till the time such balance is exhausted, subject to validity of the Gift Card.